Paedophilia: the next taboo humanists want to break
1 October 2011
A group of American academics are attempting to normalise paedophilia and to make it acceptable.
For long enough some of the homosexual lobby have promoted lowering the age of sexual consent, and some have promoted paedophilia. A recent meeting of professionals in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, has advocated a change of definition of paedophilia, just as our Scottish and Westminster Parliaments are considering changing the definition of marriage. This should make our governments pause for reflection.
On 17/8/2011 B4U-ACT brought together a range of clinicians, researchers, academics, and “minor-attracted persons” to discuss key issues regarding the entry for paedophilia in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) of the American Psychiatric Association.
According to B4U-ACT: “No one chooses to be emotionally and sexually attracted to children or adolescents. The cause is unknown, in fact, the development of attraction to adults is not understood.”
Keynote speaker Dr. Fred Berlin, M.D., National Institute for the Study, Prevention, and Treatment of Sexual Trauma, provided a conceptual overview of paedophilia from a psychiatric viewpoint, and argued in favour of acceptance of and compassion for people who are attracted to minors, while at the same time rejecting adult-minor sexual activity. Berlin, of Johns Hopkins University, says: “Individuals whose sexual orientation is directed toward children manifest the same range of personality, temperamental, and character traits as individuals whose sexual orientation is directed toward adults.” The same could be said of many other criminal activities. It was on this ‘orientation’ ticket that homosexuality found favour with the general public. Already we have some aggressive homosexuals claiming that parents are interfering with children’s rights to sexual expression.
The homosexual agenda has been advanced on the concepts of “equality” or “fairness” (the Lib Dem Party’s mantra for most of its policies) and “normality”. It seems to work on the principle: if human beings do it, it must be normal. This will normalise stealing, breaking laws, and a host of other sins.
It is time that Christian common sense was brought to bear on these topics, and that Christians in public life begin to expose the fallacies in this abuse of language and concepts. As time runs out to deal with these matters, we fear that our current set of politicians are not up to the task.
- How paedophilia will be normalised and promoted
- Homosexual and academics work to normalize paedophilia
- What is normal?
- MPs’ involvement with paedophilia
- Initiatives to change the age of consent
- 1 Jul 2009: Scientific American: confusing us with new terminology in order to remove the emotional term paedophilia.
- 1 Dec 2011: After paedophilia, bestiality. US Senate legalizes sodomy and bestiality in U.S. Military. Why are these two sexual activities considered together?
- 4 Nov 2012: Paedophilia is now mainstream after the Jimmy Savile paedophile exposure.
- 8 Nov 2012: On Newsnight tonight, Pete Saunders, Chief Executive of the National Association for People Abused in Childhood, quoted the NSPCC statistic that “one in four children in this country is abused every year, so we are talking about an epidemic.” He commented that with all this exposure, he hopes that children will be more protected in the future. We are thankful that the subject is being exposed, but we are not so hopeful. Rather, even our right wing Prime MInister David Cameron has warned about a witch-hunt and where is the evidence that paedophiles will have any change of heart? Instead, we will have a raft of new regulations to interfere with our freedom instead of preaching the Gospel that sinners need a change of heart. David Cameron’s concern at a witch-hunt against homosexuals is not matched by a concern about the witch-hunt of Christians by a group of aggressive homosexuals. This partiality is part of the unequal equalities agenda.